(Chicago, IL) — Law Bulletin Media is pleased to announce the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and Chicago Lawyer won eight first-place awards at the Illinois Press Association annual convention for work completed in 2017 for design, advertising and editorial in its respective divisions.
The awards were announced at the IPA’s annual convention in Bloomington-Normal on Thursday and Friday, June 7 and 8. For the editorial accomplishments, the CDLB won six awards and the advertising team was awarded 13 awards, with the grand total being 19 awards.
The CDLB and CL placed in the advertising/design sweepstakes, earning first-place in its division for the most accumulated points for awards in the contest.
Among some of the highlights: Best Community Focus Special Section of new bar admittees took home top honors with great feedback from the judging panel, “Excellent composition with a tough subject matter. This publication shines! Congrats on a perfect layout and visually pleasing publication!”
Timothy P. O’Neill’s “Criminal Procedure” took home first place under the Original Column category. The judges said, “These columns are well researched and well thought out. They serve the reader well but giving perhaps a different viewpoint on the topic at hand.”
The design team comprised of Maria Marquez, Jennifer Jenkins, Alyssa Gawlinski and Mike Bojak took home first, second and third place finishes for the Best Marketing Campaign . The campaign recognized their work on CDLB, digital and mobile campaigns and the Chicago Lawyer’s Person of the Year Campaign . “Perfect campaign! Solid use of all aspects of social media to get your point across!
The judges awarded Best Niche Publication to the CL for its November issue and stated “Beautiful magazine—love the cover! While I know your readership is primarily attorneys, I think the content would also appeal to the general public of the Chicago area—or at least to the curious who think about how surroundings and conditions affect performance and thought processes.” Jennifer Jenkins won the award for her spectacular work.
The CDLB team also stole the show for Best One-Time Special Section , taking home first, second and third awards. This team comprised of Maria Marquez, Jennifer Jenkins and Adam Hrejsa won for their work on the Jury Verdict Reporter 2017 magazine, Law Day 2017 and 40 Under 40 2017 . “Very informative and nicely done! These are attractive pieces of work, beautiful ads and great content!”
Below are all recognitions the CDLB and CL earned:
• Advertising/Design Sweepstakes Trophy, 1st Place in Division
• Original Column, Timothy P. O’Neill – 1st Place
• Special Section, Staff – 2nd Place
• Newspaper Design, Staff – 3rd Place
• Sports Column, William T. Gibbs – 3rd Place
• General Excellence, Staff – 3rd Place
• Government Beat Reporting, Andrew Maloney – Honorable Mention
• Best Rich Media Online Ad, Maria Marquez – 1st Place
• Best Community Focus, Gene Davis – 1st Place
• Best Niche Publication, Jennifer Jenkins – 1st Place
• Best Newspaper Designed Insert, Maria Marquez – 1st Place
• Best Marketing Campaign, Maria Marquez, Jennifer Jenkins, Mike Bojak and Alyssa Gawlinski – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
• Best One-Time Special Section, Maria Marquez, Ginger Lamb, Jennifer Jenkins and Adam Hrejsa – 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
• Best Static Online Ad, Jennifer Jenkins – 2nd Place
• Best Classified Section, Adam Hrejsa – 2nd Place
• Best House Ad, Mike Bojak and Alyssa Gawlinski – 2nd Place
• Best Classified Promotion, Staff – 3rd Place
• Best Shared/Signature Page, Jennifer Jenkins – Honorable Mention
• Best Small Ad, Jennifer Jenkins – Honorable Mention
About Law Bulletin
Law Bulletin Media is a digital content provider delivering essential information and services for the legal and real estate markets. These professionals rely on LB Media for the latest news, insights, court information, research tools, law practice solutions and business development opportunities. The company has leveraged its expertise to develop new technology solutions that provide its clients advantages to help them improve their practices and grow their businesses. For more information, visit www.LawBulletinMedia.com.