On April 16, 2013, an audience of more than 150 in-house counsel, corporate management, outside counsel and government officials heard candid remarks and gained valuable insight on current DOJ prosecution trends, FCPA, health care fraud & abuse, managing investigations, robust compliance programs, remediation strategies, self-disclosure, assertion of privilege and SEC enforcement.
Hosted annually by Chicago-based Law Bulletin Seminars, this full-day educational event presented discussions of current and compelling topics affecting corporations and those who represent them. Regarded as one of the top white collar crime and corporate governance conferences in the United States, the elite conference faculty was comprised of high-level federal government officials, senior in-house counsel, corporate officers, compliance experts, global consultants and nationally-recognized litigators.
New FCPA Guidance: “Helpful, but . . .”
- Terry Bell, Vice President, Office of Ethics, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Robert Kent, Jr., Chicago Litigation Practice Group Chair, Baker & McKenzie
- Jonathan King, Co-Chair of FCPA, Anti-Corruption & Corporate Compliance Practice, DLA Piper US LLP
- Amanda Massucci, Partner, Fraud Investigations & Dispute Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- Anton Valukas, Former U.S. Attorney, Chairman of the Firm, Jenner & Block LLP
Under the Microscope: Health care fraud issues under FCPA
- Christina Egan, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Laura Hoey, Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP
- Bill Pollard, Central Leader, FCPA Investigative & Consulting Services, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
- Dave Resnicoff, Member, Miller & Chevalier Chartered
- Joseph Spiegler, Associate General Counsel & Vice President, Ethics & Compliance, Baxter International, Inc.
Health Care Fraud: “An Ounce of Prevention . . .”
- Kevin Cornish, Managing Director, Disputes & Investigations, Navigant Consulting, Inc.
- Mark Flessner, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP
- John Gallo, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- George Jackson III, Shareholder, Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Peter Tarsney, General Counsel, Information Technology and Performance Solutions, GE Healthcare
DOJ Prosecution: How far has the pendulum swung?
- Thomas Kirsch II, Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP
- Denis McInerney, U.S. Deputy Assistant Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice
- Pravin Rao, Firmwide Co-Chair, Investigations & White Collar Defense Practice, Perkins Coie LLP
- Gil Soffer, Former U.S. Associate Deputy Attorney General, National Co-Head, White Collar Defense, Internal Investigations & Compliance Practice,
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Avoiding and Managing Whistleblower Matters
- Sarah DiLorenzo, Senior Counsel, Global Compliance & Privacy, McDonald’s Corporation
- Sean McKessy, Chief, Office of the Whistleblower, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Michael Pace, Senior Managing Director, Co-Leader, Global Risk & Investigations Practice (GRIP), FTI Consulting, Inc.
- Mark Pollack, Chicago Litigation Group Chair, Paul Hastings LLP
- Eric Sussman, Co-Chair, White Collar Litigation and Internal Investigations Practice, Kaye Scholer LLP
Internal Investigations: You have gathered all the facts – Now What?
- Jeffrey Cramer, Managing Director, Kroll Advisory Solutions
- J. Gregory Deis, Partner, Mayer Brown LLP
- Maria DiLorenzo, VP, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Global
- Compliance Officer, Sears Holdings Management Corporation
- Michael Dockterman, Co-Chair, White Collar & Government Enforcement, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
- Matthew Kutcher, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP
SEC: Enforcement and Response
- Mark Filip, Former U.S. Deputy Attorney General, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Merri Jo Gillette, Regional Director, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Michael MacPhail, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Steven Malina, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Anne McKinley, Regional Office Assistant Director & Structured and New Products Unit Assistant Director, U.S. Securities and