Law Bulletin Seminars presented its 8th Annual Corporate Intellectual Property Law Conference at the Chicago Mart Plaza on February 13, 2013. As in previous years, our diverse faculty included senior in-house counsel, Chief Judge James Holderman of the Northern District of Illinois, top local IP practitioners and representatives from the USPTO. More than 170 attendees from law firms, government and corporations heard diverse perspectives on compelling and contemporary IP issues affecting businesses and practitioners alike.
Litigation Insider: Trends & Tips
Venue strategies and new twists for class & collective actions
- Elizabeth McRee, Jones Day
- Marni Helfand, Huron Consulting Group, Inc.
- John Roache, K&L Gates
Should Your Company Use Arbitration Agreements?
Considerations, strategies, implementation and enforceability
- Julie Gottshall, Katten Muchin Rosenman
- Kenneth Gage, Paul Hastings
- Kimberly Metrick, Walgreen Co.
- Marc Siegel, Caffarelli & Siegel
Harassment in the Workplace: Clarifying Employer Liability
Clarifying the chain of command and avoiding the hostile work environment
- Lori Vanderlaan, Best Vanderlaan & Harrington
- Manuel Cuevas-Trisán, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- John Hendrickson, United States EEOC
- Laurie Holmes, Drinker Biddle & Reath
Retaliation Refrain: Avoiding the Most Common Discrimination Claim
Analyses of the trend and advice for preventive strategies
- Michael J. Gray, Jones Day
- Hon. Rebecca Pallmeyer, United States District Court, NDIL
- Susan Rosborough, Allstate Insurance Company
- Terry J. Smith, Smith O’Callaghan & White