LAW BULLETIN MEDIA NEEDS AN ACCOUNT MANAGER
Be part of the exciting growth of our next flagship service – Lawyerport. Lawyerport is Law Bulletin Media’s new digital research service that integrates legal and business information into a single platform targeted to the needs of attorneys and other legal and business professionals. Law Bulletin Media is a diversified information company with deep roots in these markets, allowing us to deliver essential news, analysis, legal solutions, events and marketing services that are uniquely tailored to our customers.
SOUNDS LIKE A COOL COMPANY AND A SLICK SERVICE? WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
The Account Manager will be an independent self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills. Your prior sales experience will allow you to hit the ground running to assist with overall account management and customer engagement initiatives. You would be part of a growing corporate team that reports directly to the Group Vice President.
You would be working with account managers, sales executives, business managers and other marketing professionals to help us reach our corporate goals. You will be involved in developing our customer relationships working with the sales and marketing teams through campaigns targeting new and existing subscribers, conducting in-person and remote training, and assisting with customer profile management. You also will be involved in the identification of sales pipeline prospects and the creation and delivery of formal sales proposals. You will receive mentorship from the Group Vice President, other Account Managers and sales Account Executives to help you grow your sales and marketing chops.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Sales Background. You have a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, and you have had 2-5 years sales experience that you enjoyed and will be able to leverage in this position.
- Driven and ambitious. This position is a growth position with tons of potential. You will be focused on doing your best work and taking advantage of your opportunities for individual and team success.
- Curious. We want you asking questions. What are the customer’s needs and how can our products meet those needs? How are our customers currently using our product and how can we leverage that information? How can we better engage with our customers?
- Communicate. An important part of your role is to be a champion for our products. You get excited explaining and demonstrating to subscribers the unique features and content of Lawyerport and our other products. You are a solid writer and can hold a professional conversation with anyone.
- Tech Savvy. Despite our roots as a newspaper, we are now a digital information company, constantly expanding our digital content and services. You like technology and have a solid understanding of MS Office tools and are ready to learn more.
- Team Player. This position is an integral part of a collaborative team and we encourage team members to both learn from their peers and share their experiences and knowledge with the team.
- Hardworking and Eager. We need individuals who like to learn and enjoy being busy, are willing to lend a hand, and take initiative when it comes to new projects, tasks and duties.
OK YOU’VE GOT MY ATTENTION! WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME, YOU KNOW, ABOUT THE PAY AND OTHER PERKS?
- We offer Competitive Pay, 410(k) with matching and Benefits.
- Casual dress except when meeting with clients.
- You’ll be joining a family of professionals with the shared vision of growing our company as a digital information provider and beyond. Mentoring and friendship are part of our culture.
- Easy Transportation. We are conveniently located near multiple “L” stations, bus stops and Metra lines. To help with those costs, we have a Pre-Tax Transit program that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. While we don’t encourage driving to work, we do have parking next door.
- Great location downtown in the heart of thriving River North.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you. Your application should include:
- A cover letter that highlights the most important reasons you’d be great for this gig, focusing on how your experience has prepared you for this type of position. We’re interested in learning what you love to do and why you would love to do it here.
- Your resume.
- Specific hiring requirements, such as salary.
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com