LAW BULLETIN MEDIA NEEDS AN LEGAL WRITER
Be part of the Jury Verdict Reporter team that produces the most comprehensive coverage of Illinois jury verdict and negotiated settlement. This essential information is also included in our flagship service Lawyerport that integrates all of our legal and business information into a single platform targeted to the needs of attorneys, judges and other legal and business professionals. Law Bulletin Media is a diversified information company with deep roots in these markets, allowing us to deliver essential news, analysis, legal solutions, events and marketing services that are uniquely tailored to our customers.
SOUNDS LIKE A COOL COMPANY AND AN IMPORTANT SERVICE? WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
The Legal Writer will be an independent self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills. Your knowledge of the legal industry will allow you to hit the ground running to research and summarize new verdicts and settlements. You will work directly with our customers to identify critical information about their cases and assist them with their research.
You would be part of the Jury Verdict Reporter group, which is one of the crown jewels for the company, and report directly to the JVR Editor. You would be working with other writers and editors, as well as sales executives, business managers and other marketing professionals to help us reach our corporate goals. You will receive mentorship from both the JVR Editor and the Group Vice President overseeing Lawyerport to help you grow your editorial and technical skills.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Legal Background. You have a bachelor’s degree and a JD or legal industry experience. Your understanding of the legal industry is essential to your success as a writer and researcher.
- Driven and ambitious. This position is a growth position with tons of potential. Beyond the case analysis and summaries, there would be opportunities to identify and develop new content to enhance our customer offerings. You will be focused on doing your best work and taking advantage of your opportunities for individual and team success.
- Curious. We want you asking questions. What are the customer’s needs and how can our products meet those needs? How are our customers currently using our product and how can we leverage that information? How can we better engage with our customers?
- Communicate. An important part of your role is to be able to communicate with our attorney clients to collect essential and valuable information about their cases. You also are a champion for our products. You get excited explaining and demonstrating to subscribers the unique features and content of JVR and Lawyerport. You are a strong writer and can hold a professional conversation with anyone.
- Tech Savvy. Despite our roots as a newspaper, we are now a digital information company, constantly expanding our digital content and services. You like technology and have a solid understanding of MS Office/Sharepoint tools and are ready to learn more.
- Team Player. This position is an integral part of a collaborative team and we encourage team members to both learn from their peers and share their experiences and knowledge with the team.
- Hardworking and Eager. We need individuals who like to learn and enjoy being busy, are willing to lend a hand, and take initiative when it comes to new projects, tasks and duties.
OK YOU’VE GOT MY ATTENTION! WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME, YOU KNOW, ABOUT THE PAY AND OTHER PERKS?
- We offer Competitive Pay, 401(k) with matching and Benefits.
- Casual dress except when meeting with clients.
- You’ll be joining a family of professionals with the shared vision of growing our company as a digital information provider and beyond. Mentoring and friendship are part of our culture.
- Easy Transportation. We are conveniently located near multiple “L” stations, bus stops and Metra lines. To help with those costs, we have a Pre-Tax Transit program that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. While we don’t encourage driving to work, we do have parking next door.
- Great location downtown in the heart of thriving River North.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you. Your application should include:
- A cover letter that highlights the most important reasons you’d be great for this gig, focusing on how your experience has prepared you for this type of position. We’re interested in learning what you love to do and why you would love to do it here.
- Your resume.
- Specific hiring requirements, such as salary.
Submit your cover letter and resume to HR@LBPC.com.