BRING YOUR DESIGN CHOPS TO LAW BULLETIN MEDIA
Be part of the exciting growth of our industry-leading products and services targeted to the needs of attorneys and other legal and business professionals. We have multiple software applications that require broad graphic and design solutions in all types of media. From branding to marketing to layout and production, we are looking to elevate our overall image and want committed designers who can move us forward. Law Bulletin Media is a diversified information company with deep roots in these markets, allowing us to deliver essential news, analysis, legal solutions, events and marketing services that are tailored to meet the needs of our customers.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
The Graphic Designer will work independently and as part of the Design Group. You have strong written and verbal communication skills based on your prior experience working with design clients. Your understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and solid project management skills will allow you to contribute to the team straight away. You would be an integral member of a dynamic creative team, reporting to the Design Director.
You will be working with executives, marketing and sales staff as well as outside clients. You will be involved developing digital, video and print solutions that promote our brand and products to an ever-growing market. Working with marketing, you will develop pieces that “stick” with our customers and prospects, including web pages, web ads, videos, newsletters, branding concepts, emails, print advertising, brochures and other print collateral. You also will have strong layout and production skills that will allow you to become part of the team that creates some of our award-winning publications, which are regularly recognized for their creative design. You will have tremendous opportunities to grow under the mentorship of our Design Director as well as the marketing and sales team.
SOUNDS LIKE A DIVERSE CREATIVE GIG. WHAT EXPERIENCE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Design-oriented. You get excited at the prospect of developing new creative that will grab people’s attention and focus it on the message we are trying to convey. You know how to balance the creative effort with the realities of business deadlines and consistently deliver high quality work.
- Solid production skills. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, CSS, HTML, Video, WordPress
- Project-driven. You have demonstrated superior project management skills, can handle multiple jobs at once and are comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- Great communicator. You will be bringing our important message to life through your work. It is essential that you have the ability to be client-facing (internal/external), understand objectives and present work confidently.
- Hardworking and motivated. We need individuals who like to learn and enjoy being busy, are willing to lend a hand, and take initiative when it comes to new projects, tasks and duties.
OK YOU’VE GOT MY ATTENTION! WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME, YOU KNOW, ABOUT THE PAY AND OTHER PERKS?
- We offer Competitive Pay, 410(k) with matching and Benefits.
- Casual dress except when meeting with clients.
- You’ll be joining a family of professionals with the shared vision of growing our company as a digital information provider and beyond. Mentoring and friendship are part of our culture.
- Easy Transportation. We are conveniently located near multiple “L” stations, bus stops and Metra lines. To help with those costs, we have a Pre-Tax Transit program that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. While we don’t encourage driving to work, we do have parking next door.
- Great location downtown in the heart of thriving River North.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you. Your application should include:
- A cover letter that highlights the most important reasons you’d be great for this gig, focusing on how your experience has prepared you for this type of position. We’re interested in learning what you love to do and why you would love to do it here.
- Your resume.
- Specific hiring requirements, such as salary.
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org