LAW BULLETIN MEDIA NEEDS AN ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Be part of the exciting growth of our next flagship service — Lawyerport. Lawyerport is Law Bulletin Media’s new digital research service that integrates our unique legal and business information into a single platform targeted to the needs of attorneys and other legal and business professionals. Law Bulletin Media is a diversified information company with deep roots in these markets, allowing us to deliver essential news, analysis, legal solutions, events and marketing services that are tailored to meet the needs of our customers.
SOUNDS LIKE A COOL COMPANY AND SERVICE. WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
The Account Executive will bring their demonstrated sales success to drive new sales and upsell existing clients. You will be part of a growing sales and marketing team that reports directly to the Group Vice President. Your prior sales experience will allow you to hit the ground running, leveraging our unique market information to build and expand your pipeline. You excel at building and leveraging client relationships and have a strong understanding of our customers’ business. Leveraging your consultative sales skills and presentation prowess, you will meet or exceed your sales goals. You also will be working with account managers, sales executives, business managers and other marketing professionals to help us reach our corporate goals.
SO WHAT KIND OF FOLKS ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?
- Proven Sales Talent. You have enjoyed 2-5 years sales experience, preferably in the legal industry, and will be able to leverage your passion in this position. You have a track record of excelling at prospecting, cold-calling, securing appointments and ultimately closing new business.
- Driven and ambitious. This position is a growth position with tons of potential. You’re driven to always be improving – you know you can close more new sales this month than last. You balance your ambition with your high standard of ethics and integrity.
- Great Communicator. An important part of your role is to be a champion for our products and company. You get excited explaining and demonstrating the unique features and content of Lawyerport and our other products. You are a solid writer and presenter, and can hold a professional conversation with anyone.
- Consultative Selling Skills. You ask thoughtful and probing questions to identify customer needs and reveal unstated needs. You carefully listen and quickly establish trust and credibility. You’re professional, courteous, respectful and friendly.
- Tech Savvy. Despite our roots as a newspaper, we are now a digital information company, constantly expanding our digital content and services. You like technology and have a solid understanding of MS Office tools, remote demo tools, CRM and are ready to learn more.
- Team Player. This position is an integral part of a collaborative team and we encourage team members to both learn from their peers and share their experiences and knowledge with the team.
- Solid Organization Skills. This goes without saying. Prospecting, setting appointments, providing demos and closing deals are all part of effectively maintaining your pipeline and managing your time.
OK YOU’VE GOT MY ATTENTION! WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME, YOU KNOW, ABOUT THE PAY AND OTHER PERKS?
- We offer Competitive Pay, 410(k) with matching and Benefits.
- Casual dress except when meeting with clients.
- You’ll be joining a family of professionals with the shared vision of growing our company as a digital information provider and beyond. Mentoring and friendship are part of our culture.
- Easy Transportation. We are conveniently located near multiple “L” stations, bus stops and Metra lines. To help with those costs, we have a Pre-Tax Transit program that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. While we don’t encourage driving to work, we do have parking next door.
- Great location downtown in the heart of thriving River North.
AND HOW DO I APPLY?
We look forward to hearing about you. Your application should include:
- A cover letter that highlights the most important reasons you’d be great for this gig, focusing on how your experience has prepared you for this type of position. We’re interested in learning what you love to do and why you would love to do it here.
- Your resume.
- Specific hiring requirements, such as salary.
Submit your cover letter and resume to HR@lawbulletinmedia.com.